News & Important Updates
- The Fall 20 Course Selection period begins July 14, 2020. Please see our Course Selection Information page for details on course additions, deletions, changes, restrictions and special registration instructions.
- Fall 20 Course Selection for most New Students will begin on July 23, 2020. Please follow the instructions available in the B.Sc. section of the Registration Guide for New Students.
- Course Selection Note! If all sections of a required course are full when your Course Selection window first opens, please just continue to monitor WebAdvisor regularly. Occasionally, it may take a few hours before additional spaces are made available. If all course selection windows have opened, and you are still unable to create a conflict-free schedule of your required courses, please contact the B.Sc. Academic Counselling Centre immediately for advice, and no later than August 4, 2020.
- Due to the operational instructions provided by the University on March 16th, the B.Sc. Academic Counselling Centre will be closed to all in-person activities until further notice. Front Desk staff and Program Counsellors will still be available to answer questions by email or on-line chat. Remote appointments are also available. Please note that remote appointments may be extremely limited, and email response times delayed, during the Fall 20 Course Selection period.
- In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, OVC has provided an important update on how 'pass/fail' credits will impact future applications.
- Please refer to the University of Guelph COVID-19 Update Information page.
The B.Sc. Degree Program
The Bachelor of Science is offered as a four-year Honours degree (BSCH) or a three-year General (BSCG) degree. There are currently 27 different majors to choose from in the Honours Bachelor of Science program according to the 2020/21 Undergraduate Calendar, normally completed over a minimum of eight academic semesters. The General program is normally completed over a minimum of six semesters of study, with no specific majors or minors.
B.Sc. Academic Counselling Centre
Room 1329, Summerlee Science Complex
Hours of Operation:
Due to COVID-19, our office is closed to all in-person activities until further notice. Please see our News & Important Updates section on this page for further information.
Monday to Friday: 8:30 AM to Noon, 1:15 to 4:30 PM
(please note that we are closed over lunch)
Our office will not open until 10:00 AM on the third Thursday of every month
To book an appointment, please call our front desk:
Telephone: 519-824-4120 Ext. 53788
Fax: 519-767-2044, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
A limited number of drop-in appointments are available with a Program Counsellor most weekdays from 1:30 to 3:30 PM. Please check with our front desk for availability.